Saturday 25th November 2023 at 7:30pm – Collon Church Of Ireland, Collon, Co. Louth
Tickets on the website https://ardeebaroque.com
Dublin in the 1750s was a musical melting pot, attracting musicians of the highest calibre from all over Europe, many of whom were virtuoso Italians. One such virtuoso, Francesco Geminiani, settled in the city, and regularly frequented his Irish patron in Cootehill, Co. Cavan. Legend has it that on one occasion Geminiani undertook the journey by foot, perhaps passing through Co. Louth on the way.
‘Geminiani in Ardee’ represents the vibrant Italian sound world that was fashionable with Dublin audiences at the time, and revives it in the place where Geminiani’s own feet may have walked, nearly 300 years ago.
- Corelli Concerto Grosso Op.6 No. 4 in D major
- Platti Concerto Grosso No. 10 in F
- Geminiani Concerto Grosso Op.3 No. 3
- Pachelbel Canon and Gigue
- Handel Sonata a 5 HWV 288
- Vivaldi L’Estro Armonico No.8 in A minor
- Geminiani Concerto Grosso Op.5 No.12 ‘La Follia’
Tickets and info on https://ardeebaroque.com